Home Health is available for people of all ages who are homebound, under the care of a physician who will order home health services, or people who have a skilled need such as nursing.
The mission of BCMH Home Health is to provide nursing care in patients' homes, while helping patients remain independent, and assisting in the return to maximum levels of health and providing education and support for family members. BCMH Home Health is available for people of all ages who are homebound, under the care of a physician who will order home health services and have a skilled need, such as nursing.
BCMH Home Health provides skilled nursing through registered nurses that perform a variety of skilled services, including:
- Education for patients and families about care at home
- Monitoring blood pressures, heart rate and lungs
- Wound care
- IV care, IV pain control and nutrition
- Diabetic care
- Diet teaching
- Ostomy care
- Catheter care
Certified nursing assistants are also available to help with personal care needs, such as:
- Bathing, shampoo, foot and nail care
- Assisting with exercises and walking
- Catheter care
- Non-sterile wound care
Licensed social workers are available to provide help with problems that affect a patient's illness and recovery, including:
- Assisting with financial problems
- Assisting with emotional problems, counseling
- Coordination of community resources
- Assisting with environmental problems
Options for payment include Medicare, Medicaid, Black Lung, Private Insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Veterans or private payment. The office is open form 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, but we provide on-call availability. For more information please call 304-364-1063.