LPN Students on Rotation at BCMH
BCMH welcomed Pierpont Community & Technical College LPN students. Our own Julia Rose, Med Surg Nurse Manager, served as their Clinical Instructor. She said, “While providing patient care, these students were learning. They were a huge help and the patients loved them as they received extra one-on-one care. Their training included various procedures, bathing, G-tubes, medications, and starting IVs.” These same students also helped with the recent Community Health Fair sponsored by HSTA (Health Science & Technology Academy), which was held at the Braxton County High School. As noted below, some of the students have family ties to Braxton County Memorial Hospital. We were glad they were here and wish them all well as they study!
1) Brianna Jackson shadowed at BCMH last year. She is pictured with Pierpont Instructor, Karen Wigal, MSN, RN.
2) Susie Shaw works as a Home Health aide while continuing her education. She is pictured helping Sue Butler, RN care for our surgery patient.
3) Cassandra Johnson charts along side Dr. Art Sabio at Med Surg.
4) Angela Groves is pictured with Jo Ellen Fitzwater, Ward Clerk. Angie’s hero is her double 1st cousin, Sue Samples, RN (Surgery).
5) Destinie Shaw received instruction from Jamea Pugh, RN. Destinie is Susie Shaw’s daughter.
6) Stephanie Kniceley & Shelly Taylor are pictured with Julia Rose, RN and Amanda Dorsey, CNA.
Students not pictured: Donna Davenport, Emily Harris and Courtney Mayse