2013 Annual Employee Awards Banquet
Once again, the BCMH Employee Activities Committee coordinated the annual fall event in which staff are recognized for achieving milestones in years of service to Braxton County Memorial Hospital and the community. During this traditional celebration, individuals having received Employee Recognition Awards during the past year are also presented with Certificates of Appreciation commemorating their dedicated efforts. This year’s Employee Awards Banquet, held on October 1st, was well attended with approximately fifty individuals skillfully maneuvering the typical country road to Victory Mountain Baptist Camp in Exchange. Honorees and their families were provided with the opportunity to enjoy a beautiful autumn drive followed by a delicious meal and fellowship with friends and co-workers, apart from the workplace. For some who traveled together, the fun and laughter began prior to their arrival and extended well beyond the conclusion of activities, as it became necessary to consider the pleasurable dilemma of transporting multiple door prizes in an already full Volkswagen.
Assisted by Board member, Sally Howard, BCMH Administrator, Ben Vincent, presented the awards beginning with a special recognition to retiree, Betty Bly, for 31 years of service. During the recognition portion of the event, Catherine Bruffey and Judy Davis also received a special gift provided by the Employee Activities Committee denoting 30 years of service and engraved with the hospital logo and their name. After presenting Judy’s award, Ben acknowledged a unique fact regarding her years of service stating, “She has assisted all four administrators of BCMH: Mike King, Ken Wilson, Tony Atkins and myself.” Special thanks is extended to all those who worked to make this annual event a success. BCMH sincerely appreciates each award recipient for their ongoing dedication to our local, community hospital - allowing us to continue Caring for you close to home. Awardees are pictured below as noted:
1) Retiree, Betty Bly, was honored for 31 years of service to BCMH and the community.
2) Catherine Bruffey and Judy Davis were recognized for 30 years of service.
3) Karen Cochran was honored for 15 years of service.
4) Erin King, Bruce Myers, Martha Nottingham, Julia Rose and Shalma Smith received recognition for 10 years of service.
5) Matthew Carpenter, Angela Harper, Connie Harper, Amy Moore and Melissa Norman were honored for achieving 5 years of service.
6) Lana Conrad and Marilyn Brady were honored as Employee of the Quarter recipients.
7) Artist of the Month recipients were Brenda Cottrell, Bridgett Carson, Bruce Myers and Julia Rose.